雅思口语| Part3:health 健康
沈阳韩卿韩语
发表于:2020-12-25 17:35:25stay put 留在原处不动
becomes agitated /ˈædʒɪteɪtɪd/ 焦虑不安的;激动的
count down the moments 倒数时间
The longer you stay put, the more agitated your body becomes. It sits there counting down the moments until you stand up again and take it for a walk. 你坐着不动越久,你的身体就会越焦躁不安。它会坐在那倒数时间,直到你再次站起来让它走走为止。
sound ridiculous 听起来可能很荒谬
That may sound ridiculous. Our bodies love to sit, right? Not really. 那听起来可能很荒谬。我们的身体就爱坐着,对吧?其实不然。
help us recover from stress 帮我们缓解压力
recuperate /rɪˈkuːpəreɪt/ from exercise 从运动的疲劳恢复
Sure, sitting for brief periods can help us recover from stress or recuperate from exercise.没错,小坐片刻能帮我们缓解压力,或从运动的疲劳恢复。
sedentary existence 久坐不动的存在
But nowadays, our lifestyles make us sit much more than we move around, and our bodies simply aren't built for such a sedentary existence.
但在现代,我们的生活型态让坐的机会远多于走动,而我们的身体构造完全不适合这样静态的生活。
is built to move 是造来动的
In fact, just the opposite is true.The human body is built to move. And you can see evidence of that in the way it's structured. 事实上,恰好相反才是对的。人体就是造来动的。你可以从它的结构看到证据。
enable easy, fluid motion 做出轻松流畅的动作
Inside us are over 360 joints and about 700 skeletal muscles that enable easy, fluid motion. 在我们体内有超过 360 个关节以及约 700 条骨骼肌,让人体能做出轻松流畅的动作。
stand up straight against the pull of gravity 有能力对抗地心引力站直
The body's unique physical structure gives us the ability to stand up straight against the pull of gravity.人体独特的身体构造令我们有能力对抗地心引力站直。
circulate properly 正常循环
benefit from movement 从活动中获得益处
is elastic 有弹性的
molds to our motions 应我们的动作改变
Our blood depends on us moving around to be able to circulate properly, our nerve cells benefit from movement, and our skin is elastic, meaning it molds to our motions.我们的血液需要我们活动才能正常循环、我们的神经细胞能从活动中获得益处,而我们的皮肤是有弹性的,代表它能应我们的动作改变。
every inch of the body 身体的每一寸
So with every inch of the body is ready and waiting for you to move, what happens when you just don't?所以当身体的每一寸都准备好等着你动时,要是你就是不动会怎样呢?
spine n. 脊柱,脊椎;刺;书脊
cartilage discs 软骨盘
Let's start with the backbone of the problem, literally. Your spine is a long structure made of bones and the cartilage discs that sit between them.让我们从问题的中枢讲起,真的中枢。你的脊椎是由骨头与其间的软骨盘组成的长型构造。
ligament 韧带
Joints, muscles, and ligaments that are attached to the bones hold it all together.黏在骨头上的关节、肌肉以及韧带让脊椎连在一块。
a curved back 背部弯曲
slumped shoulders 肩膀垂下
puts uneven pressure on your spine 在脊椎上不平均施压
A common way of sitting is with a curved back and slumped shoulders, a position that puts uneven pressure on your spine.一个常见的坐姿是背部弯曲然后肩膀垂下,一种在脊椎上不平均施压的姿势。
causes wear and tear in your spinal discs 导致椎间盘磨损
overworks certain ligaments and joints 让特定韧带和关节过度疲劳
puts strain on muscles 压迫肌肉
stretch to accommodate your back's curved position 伸展来适应背部弯曲姿势
Over time, this causes wear and tear in your spinal discs, overworks certain ligaments and joints, and puts strain on muscles that stretch to accommodate your back's curved position. 时间一久,这导致椎间盘磨损、让特定韧带和关节过度疲劳,并压迫到伸展来适应背部弯曲姿势的肌肉。
hunched shape 驼背姿势
shrinks your chest cavity 让胸腔变小
have less space to expand into 扩张的空间减少
This hunched shape also shrinks your chest cavity while you sit, meaning your lungs have less space to expand into when you breathe.
这种驼背姿势在你坐着时还会让胸腔变小,表示呼吸时,肺部扩张的空间减少。
limits the amount of oxygen 局限氧气量
fills your lungs and filters into your blood 进入肺部和进到血液
That's a problem because it temporarily limits the amount of oxygen that fills your lungs and filters into your blood.那可是个问题,因为这会暂时局限充满肺部接着进到血液的氧气量。
arteries 动脉
Around the skeleton are the muscles, nerves, arteries, and veins that form the body's soft tissue layers.包覆在骨骼四周的是组成身体软组织层的肌肉、神经和动静脉。
pressurize 施加压力
feel the brunt 感受到压力
The very act of sitting squashes, pressurizes, and compresses, and these more delicate tissues really feel the brunt.
坐着这动作推挤、施加压力并压迫,而这些较为细嫩的组织会真切感受到那压力。
experience numbness and swelling in your limbs 感到下肢发麻又肿胀
Have you ever experienced numbness and swelling in your limbs when you sit?你是否曾在坐着时感到下肢发麻又肿胀?
分享到:
雅思口语| Part3:health 健康 原创内容,请点击沈阳雅思培训
热门课程
-
沈阳雅思培训
询价